We feel it is important for you to know about legislation currently being considered in Minnesota and how it will affect you, a fan of live sports and entertainment events.
The Minnesota legislature is considering a new law backed by professional scalpers that would make it nearly impossible to ensure Minnesotans have access to face value tickets for concerts and sporting events. If this new law is passed, there is a real risk that musical acts will simply skip Minnesota.
The State Senate Judiciary Committee – the same committee that voted against this legislation in 2011 — recently decided not to even hold a hearing on this bill, as there are many more important issues for our legislature to be concerned with at this time. This is a good outcome – No Action is the Right Action.
Now, the scalpers and their lobbyists are twisting every arm and finding every legislative loophole to keep this bill alive. We fully expect that they will put all of their resources toward finding a way to get the House to vote on this issue. After all, the future of scalping depends on their ability to get tickets before you do.
- Your continued involvement is crucial – make sure your legislators know that you oppose HF 657 and SB 425.
- Visit http://www.stopthescalpingbill.org/MN/ to learn more about this issue and find your legislator’s contact information. Send them an e-mail encouraging them to OPPOSE House Bill 657 and Senate Bill 425.
- If you’ve already sent your legislators an e- mail, follow up with a phone call stating your opposition. State Senate phone listings are available by clicking here, and State House listings can be found here.
- Forward this to a friend! The Minnesota legislature needs to hear from fans across the state – share this with other Minnesotans who love live events as much as you do!
Tell your legislators to Stand with Fans instead of scalpers! Visit www.stopthescalpingbill.org/MN to learn more about this issue and tell your elected officials in Minnesota to OPPOSE House Bill 657 and Senate Bill 425.
Use your venue Facebook or Twitter feed to share the message:
- Suggested Tweet: MN Senate Committee refuses to hear pro-scalping bill. No action is the right action! Keep up the fight! www.stopthescalpingbill.org/MN
- Suggested Facebook posting: Good news – the MN Senate Judiciary Committee has refused to hear the pro-scalping bill! We’re not out of the woods yet – stay involved and tell your legislators to stand with fans against scalpers! Learn more at www.stopthescalpingbill.org/MN